Who we are?
Our long history expands over 96 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 10 locations and more than 600 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers. From custom orders to entire fleets, Auto Truck Group is ready to help pool/dealer customers, commercial users, fleets, utilities, government agencies, and many other smaller businesses.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for a Service Mechanic based in our Bartlett, IL location.
What will you do?
- Plan and perform a wide variety of fitting, assembly, installation, and alignment of complicated parts to exacting customer tolerances and operating requirements.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine sequence, tooling requirements, measurements and allowable tolerances.
- Build a variety of parts; install boxes and special components for the truck design.
- Responsible for filling vehicle systems with proper fluids for safe and proper operation and for testing the action of moving parts prior to final inspection.
What are we looking for?
- 1-3 years of previous electrical and hydraulic experience; automotive experience highly desired.
- Must be able to work in multiple environments – shop, outside in all types of weather conditions as well as in an office.
- The successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and criminal background check.
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), on the job training and development and much more.