Auto Truck Group’s history extends over 97 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 12 locations and more than 800 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers.
As a Field Service Technician, you’ll provide on-site service and repair to truck mounted equipment on railroad service vehicles. Equipment includes: cranes, hydraulics, rail conversion equipment, winches, aftermarket electrical components, and other various truck mounted equipment.
We are looking for applicants who live in the Cheyenne, WY area.
- Cover an assigned geographical service area utilizing a company vehicle
- Communicate with customers to understand and diagnose problems
- Make necessary repairs and modifications to truck mounted equipment
- Accurately estimate time and material required for repairs
- Problem solving under little or no supervision
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors for continuous improvement of trucks
- Monday – Friday work schedule
- On the job training for rail conversion equipment
- Minimum of 5 years previous hands on mechanical experience
- Possess automotive troubleshooting skills
- Preferred knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, and/or pneumatics
- Must have positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Some travel required
- Must possess reading skills to utilize service manuals of equipment
- Welding and cutting torch experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to obtain DOT medical card
- Pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check
What we offer:
Benefits include company provided vehicle, company fuel card, competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), travel expense reimbursement, and much more.