Body Shop Estimator
Summary: The Collision Center Estimator is responsible for the intake of vehicles, including preparation of repair estimates, identifying and estimating vehicles coming in to the body shop. This person’s key role is to seek out information, estimate repair times and costs, and capture business for the collision center. S/he must understand how each insurance company operates their claims and be able to explain and help out our potential customers with their claim. S/he must be able to communicate with the customer and the collision center staff to ensure that all parties are aware of the timeline and any issues which may arise. By his/her actions, the Estimator influences the volume of service business done and plays a key role in assuring customer satisfaction.
- Walk around each vehicle that enters the collision center.
- Note damages that can be repaired, meet customers to explain repairs, costs and timelines for repairs.
- Be knowledgeable about collision repair and the cost of repairs.
- Estimate cost of body work for potential customers and insurance carriers consistent with costs, expenses, profit goals and work schedules.
- Review damaged vehicles to determine whether to repair or replace parts.
- Work with Collision Manager using word track and process of listening to customer needs, recommending repairs and scheduling vehicles in for agreed repairs.
- Obtain and maintain adequate knowledge of collision repair and provide professional estimates.
- Be able to accurately give a verbal repair plan for potential customers.
- Understand insurance rates and rules as well as Kuni rates and rules to give an accurate estimate.
- Be able to use estimating software in the body shop to write detailed and accurate estimates.
- Make sure all repair orders include a clear definition of the problem and are written legibly.
- Verify that complaint, cause and correction are included on the repair order before release.
- Identify repairs that require special handling, such as rush, customer waiting, or comebacks.
- Understand and sell all potential repair types available (body repairs, window tinting, PDR, windshields etc).
- Retain and utilize pricing and processes needed to complete repairs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and customer service experience.
- Pleasant and engaging – must be able to project a ‘smile’ while speaking both in person and over the phone.
- Proven outstanding customer service, preferably with a premium brand.
- Listen and retain information accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in person and over phone.
- Team-oriented and flexible/multi-tasking.
- Previous estimator exp REQUIRED - you will not be considered without previous exp
Why work for the Kuni Group?
Our company was founded on the belief that if you take care of the employees, the employees take care of the customers, and that takes care of the bottom line. We strive to create a positive work environment where employees are excited to come to work every day. Our goal is to turn a job into a career with Kuni which is why we promote from within whenever possible and offer a tuition reimbursement program. In addition, Kuni offers competitive wages, benefits, and employee programs such as:
- Living wage program for entry level positions
- Paid Time Off available as of your 90th day
- 401K with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance rates
- Discounts on naturopathic care such as chiropractic and massage therapy
- Gym membership discounts and company subsidy program
- Employee discounts on vehicles, parts, and service
- Tuition reimbursement program
- A variety of recognition programs
- And much more…