Automotive Technician – Audi
Our Technician is responsible for conducting routine service on vehicles, diagnosing and completing repairs on customer vehicles. The technician is the most up-to-date person in the dealership with regard to the mechanical aspects of vehicles and works closely with the Parts Department and with the Service Advisor.
The Technician is also responsible for:
- Knowledge of automotive systems and the ability to explain systems and repairs to others.
- Willingness and ability to maintain current product and technical knowledge.
- Ability to estimate time of service or repair job for purposes of efficient scheduling.
- Knowledge of parts requirements to complete a job, and ability to communicate parts requirements via repair orders.
- Knowledge of approved and established procedures for conducting service and repairs.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with quality control and inspection requirements of Service Department.
- High School Diploma and one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current valid driver’s license
- Must have good reading, writing and math skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and provide outstanding customer service.
- Appropriate technical certifications.
- Ability to stay current by attending technical training schools and by reading shop manuals, technical bulletins, etc.
- ASE Certifications or equivalent manufacturer training (VW or Audi preferred) or other highline import.
- Degree/training from automotive technical school
Benefits at Kuni Automotive Group include a lucrative compensation plan, paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k) and Pension programs, life, and disability insurance, and employee vehicle purchase program.