Who we are?
Our long history expands over 97 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 12 locations and more than 900 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for a 3rd Shift Shop Supervisor based in our Kansas City, MO location.
What will you do?
- Review production schedule, evaluate and prioritize work orders and assign to appropriate personnel.
- Oversee the daily activities required to process the current jobs within established schedule.
- Supervise, train, counsel and motivate department employees.
- Participate in the recruiting, interviewing and disciplinary processes for department employees.
- Investigate, recommend and implement work processes in order to improve efficiency, quality and safety.
- Analyze, resolve and assist employees in problem resolutions.
- Communicate and provide feedback to management regarding activities, issues and / or problems on jobs.
- Prepare production reports, efficiency reports and other requested reports and distribute to appropriate personnel.
- Ensure all employees are trained and compliant with company policies and procedures.
- Review, correct and submit hours worked records for payroll processing.
- Promote a positive team environment.
- Possess knowledge of assembly processes to limit scrap materials.
- Possess an understanding and exercise extreme care during the operation and movement of large parts while using the company lifting systems.
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors to relevant departments for continuous improvement of the production processes.
- Understand the value that quality plays in the overall success of the company, help in increasing the quality of our products for the appearance and safety for our customers.
- Ability to think on your own and request assistance when needed.
- Must comply with the company’s safety policies and clean initiative standards.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in automotive / truck based industry, with supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Possess excellent leadership skills with the ability to guide and teach employees.
- Must be reliable and detail-oriented.
- Ability to be organized with the power to plan effectively, prioritize and multi-task.
- Must possess a technical aptitude in working within an automotive / truck based industry.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
- Must pass a physical, drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, 401(k), on the job training and development and much more.