Why work for the Kuni Group?
Our company was founded on the belief that if you take care of the employees, the employees take care of the customers, and that takes care of the bottom line. We strive to create a positive work environment where employees are excited to come to work every day. Our goal is to turn a job into a career with Kuni which is why we promote from within whenever possible and offer a tuition reimbursement program. In addition, Kuni offers competitive wages, benefits, and employee programs such as:
- Living wage program for entry level positions
- Paid Time Off available as of your 90th day
- 401K with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance rates
- Discounts on naturopathic care such as chiropractic and massage therapy
- Gym membership discounts and company subsidy program
- Employee discounts on vehicles, parts, and service
- Tuition reimbursement program
- A variety of recognition programs
- And much more…
Auto Body Technician
Our Auto body technician is responsible for repairs and restoration, both minor and major, of collision damage to vehicles as well as basic mechanical repair. The Auto body technician is also responsible for:
- Review damage reports, prepare or review repair cost estimates, and plan work to be performed.
- Remove damaged panels, and identify the family and properties of the plastic used on a vehicle.
- Inspect repaired vehicles for proper functioning, completion of work, dimensional accuracy, and overall appearance of paint job, and test drive vehicles to ensure proper alignment and handling.
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Mix polyester resins and hardeners to be used in restoring damaged areas.
- Position dolly blocks against surfaces of dented areas and beat opposite surfaces to remove dents, using hammers.
- Fit and weld replacement parts into place, using wrenches and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools.
- Requires maximal physical demands involving bending, lifting, reaching and pushing/pulling.
- High School Diploma and two years of related experience, such as an apprentice prior to performing alone.
- Current valid driver’s license
- General knowledge of all vehicle types required.
- Knowledge of frame and uni-body repairs required.
- Extensive mechanical abilities and training in car damage repairs.
- Ability to stay current by attending technical training schools and by reading shop manuals, technical bulletins, etc.