Implement quality control standards, processes, and controls. Develop methods for inspection and training. Assist during client audits, OEM audits, and conduct internal audits. Evaluate production capabilities and recommend improvements. Assist in developing quality control policies and procedures. Ensures the quality control system meets customer and company requirements.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages overall aspects of the Quality Control Department including receiving and final inspections.
- Manages QC Supervisors and Inspectors to ensure proper allocation of workforce .
- Report Quality results and opportunities for improvement to Operations leadership (Plant Managers, General Managers) at least weekly.
- Develops sampling plans, quality standards, and process control instructions for use by manufacturing to monitor and reduce variations.
- Leads teams that include customer and/or supplier representatives to identify and permanently resolve problems, and to nurture the customer relationship.
- Develops training programs on topics such as inspection techniques and proper documentation.
- Identify appropriate training topics for our install technicians, and partner with the Operations team to develop and execute this training.
- Review and approve customer and supplier surveys.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- At least 3 years of working in a Quality related role.
- Prior experience in Manufacturing and/or Assembly environments.
- Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of vehicle systems.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- BS degree in Engineering, Business, or Science related field.
- Six Sigma background, such as green belt or black belt
- ASQ certification would be a plus.