The Service Advisor will interact with customers to determine their need for vehicle repairs. The worker may road test the vehicle, visually inspect vehicle, question customer about vehicle performance, complete service work order, explain service costs to customer. The Service Advisor may explain the dealership shuttle service to the customer; will notify customer when vehicle is ready to be picked up.
Our Service Advisor is responsible for serving as a liaison between the Service Department technicians and the parts department by maintaining customer satisfaction and also performing the following duties:
- Ability to meet & greet customers with courtesy and efficiency
- Determine the course of action to take and obtain customer authorization.
- Write up service needs and give customer accurate estimate for dollar amount and completion time of work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customer, to achieve satisfactory repairs, sale of necessary repair or maintenance to vehicles.
- Knowledge of warranty and service/insurance policies.
- Keeping customer informed and advise customer of the prognosis of their vehicle.
- Calling customers to set appointments and answer telephones at a timely manner.
- Attends/completes required training and department meetings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current valid driver’s license
- Must have good reading, writing and math skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to work retail hours
- Computer proficient
All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, physical, and motor vehicle check
EOE / DFWP