Title: Leadership Development Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Manager, Global Learning and Development
Date: November, 2017
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for leading the design and delivery of Holman Enterprises’ Leadership Development Program. Through a variety of training courses and/or other learning programs the program will prepare current and future leaders with the skills necessary to be successful in leading and developing people throughout the organization.
As the Leadership Development Specialist, work with management to define an organizational talent management framework and components to ensure the effective nurture and retention of critical organizational skills, expertise and leaders, as well as, work with relevant parties in order to facilitate the implementation of organizational talent management and development initiatives based on the defined framework.
The position involves creating pro-active and responsive solutions to corporate strategy and business needs, in addition to seizing opportunities for continuous performance enhancement of our current and future leaders. Specific duties include creation, development, preparation, and facilitation of training courses live, on-line or other programs for global needs. Responsible for performing miscellaneous duties related to training and development. The Leadership Development Specialist will liaise with all levels of management to create appropriate and timely learning opportunities that align with business needs.
- Conducts needs assessments/instructional analysis to ensure conformity with mission training objectives and develop training plans as needed.
- Prepares plans for training project completion.
- Consults and liaises with managers, subject matter experts, senior management, and pertinent stakeholders to create, develop, and confirm program objectives. Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with ARI leaders.
- Designs and develops learning material including soft skills and leadership interventions.
- Conducts leadership development using a variety of instructional techniques and formats to include role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
- Provides one-on-one and group coaching to participants in leadership development programs in order to drive application and business impact.
- Conducts performance based measurement assessments for objective evaluation of programs.
- Prepares training status reports, exhibits as required.
- Remains current on developments in training, instructional methodologies and leadership development including technology enhancements. Attends periodic seminars, forums, and meetings to ensure currency of education.
- Prioritizes training curriculum development according to organizational need and corporate strategy.
- Assists in coordinating and/or facilitating training performed by outside training vendors.
- Maintains learning management system and online resources.
- Supports development of Individual Development Plans as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Requires excellent one-on-one and group presentation and facilitation skills.
- Must possess excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Possess knowledge and experience in Leadership Development program design.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship building skills are required.
- Must have excellent organization skills, detail oriented and ability to multitask.
- Must be flexible and able to quickly and effectively change priorities and direction, and have a willingness to work varying schedules when needed.
- Requires information search and research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills, customer service orientation and commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives.
- Solid project and time management skills, computer competence and the ability to use media effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow and interact with all levels of management.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in education, organizational development, human resources management, or related field preferred.
- At least 5 years progressive experience in corporate learning capacity developing, delivering, analyzing, and measuring learning programs.