Who are we?
Holman Enterprises was founded on family values with a passion for customer satisfaction. Our success and ability to provide outstanding service for over 90 years is due to our most valuable resource…our employees. Now into the third generation of family leadership, Holman Automotive Group is poised to continue its success for decades to come.
Holman Enterprises consists of over 25 operating companies which include automotive dealerships across the country, a leasing and auto retail finance company, an auto parts distributorship, a truck up-fitting business, and the largest privately-owned fleet leasing and management company in the country, with business operations in North America and Europe.
- Evaluates and conducts benchmarking for hourly, salaried and middle management positions. Participates in third party compensation surveys. Reviews and approves new hire offers as well as promotions and position transfers in order to maintain conformance to legislation, policy, and internal equity.
- Maintains integrity of job evaluation, job coding, and job documentation system, including the creation and maintenance of job descriptions globally.
- Participates in the annual merit increase process including distribution of planning worksheets to management, analysis of submissions, preparation of summary reports, and execution of system updates.
- Responsible for compensation data integrity in HRIS system. Creates and runs ad hoc reports as requested.
- Supports administration of pension and 401(k) plans, including ad-hoc analysis, preparation of pension calculations and related paperwork, annual reporting, and responding to employee, manager, and HR questions.
- Prepares documentation of new pay plans and recommends changes and updates as needed.
- Explains compensation and retirement programs to employees and managers as needed.
- Under minimal direction, lead special projects as assigned
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Training:
- Four year college degree in HR, Business or related field.
Relevant Work Experience:
- Three or more years of compensation and benefits experience or equivalent
- Superior Excel and analytical skills
- Experience with Workday preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Specific knowledge of compensation, including base pay, bonus, and equity. Knowledge of internal HR policies, practices, and procedures. Knowledge of external regulations and best practices in the compensation field. Strong project management knowledge and strong organization skills. Strong orientation toward continuous improvement.
Communicating & Influencing Skills:
- Must have the ability to reason with others. Interactions require understanding, influencing, and supporting people through applying technical knowledge and rational arguments, aimed at causing action or acceptance by others. Able to diplomatically resolve disagreements between HR and line management while keeping the company's best interests in mind.
The Holman Family Difference:
Honest, friendly and professional environment with an outstanding reputation for family values and excellent customer service. We offer competitive pay and incentives. Outstanding benefits for you and your family includes medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401K retirement plan and vehicle purchase program. Growth and development opportunities to help you achieve your career goals.