Join the Audi Palo Alto service team - We are growing fast!
- Signing bonuses UP TO $5,000 based on experience..
- Excellent flat rate pay
- Retention bonuses and other employee perks
- Great options for health insurance
- We will invest in your training and certification
- An aggressive expansion plan for the future, which means more service work and more $$ for you!
A Service Technician is responsible for the actual service and/or repair of vehicles assigned to him or her by service management or their designated representatives.
The Technician will perform diagnostic tests using multiple systems to identify vehicle operational problems. The use of specialized test equipment is essential to isolate the possible cause(s) of vehicular problems. The Technician will make vehicular repairs to correct the diagnosed problems and return the vehicle to top operating efficiency.
The Technician must possess a very high degree of hand-eye coordination to complete the designated vehicular repair. The Technician must be capable of performing all work with care and diligence to avoid additional damage to the customer’s vehicle.
The Technician must be able to use a computer and instruction manuals to identify vehicular components/parts and to identify and follow manufacturer’s specifications for the completion of vehicular repairs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Properly diagnose vehicular problems.
- Tear down, repair, and reassemble vehicle components.
- Complete work orders, in accordance with applicable safety requirements, company policies and published procedures
- Ensure proper listing of parts and service times, etc.
- Road test vehicle to insure proper operation.
- Properly use the tools and equipment provided by the Service Department
- Attend/complete required training and department meetings
- Regular and predictable attendance
- High School graduation or equivalent is preferred for all employees.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills along with mechanical aptitude required.
- Current valid driver’s license (not necessarily a CDL) is required for all employees.
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience in auto mechanics, diagnostics, and repair.
- Manufacturer’s certifications as appropriate.