Facilities Development Manager - Kuni Automotive, A Holman Enterprise
Who are we?:
Kuni Automotive, part of Holman Automotive Group, is located in Vancouver, WA. Founded in 1970 by Wayne Kuni, Kuni Automotive has grown to 15 luxury dealerships spanning across Oregon, Washington, California, Colorado and Kansas. Recently joined with Holman Automotive Group, the family of dealerships is now comprised of a total of 40 dealership franchises with 18 different brands in 34 locations.
Holman Automotive Group headquartered in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey was founded on family values with a passion for customer satisfaction. Our success and ability to provide outstanding service for over 90 years is due to our most valuable resources… our employees. Holman Automotive Group is comprised of over 25 operating companies which include automotive dealerships, retail automobile finance company, an auto parts distributorship, a truck up-fitting business, and the largest privately-owned fleet leasing and management company in the country, ARI.
Kuni Automotive is looking for a Facilities Development Manager to join our team in Vancouver, Washington.
Our Facilities Development Manager will manage the building and development process for all Kuni Automotive locations throughout Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado and Kansas.
- Plan, organize and direct activities concerned with the design and construction of Kuni Automotive properties
- Develop and manage relationships with general contractors, architects, consultants, governmental authorities and property owners
- Establish and maintain regular communication with dealership and corporate management throughout the development process
- Oversight of projects, reporting and routine updates for management
- Ensure all necessary permits and licenses are obtained for projects
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building, safety codes and other regulations
- Assist with project budgeting, annual budget and re-forecasting
- Work with in-house counsel on all contracts related to Kuni Automotive projects and leases
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Develop and implement quality control programs and procedures
- Strong organizational and excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with our internal managers, general contractors, consultants, governmental authorities and surrounding property owners
- Thorough understanding of the project management process, including the ability to manage and evaluate consultants, budgets and multiple project schedules
- Strong design skills with the ability to read/interpret plans and building code
- Experience with automobile dealership operations and layout a plus
- Local experience in one or more of Kuni Automotive’s current markets a plus
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles; analysis and reporting of financial data a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; emphasis in architecture or engineering preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of REVIT, SketchUp and CAD a plus
Kuni Automotive strives to create a positive work environment where you are excited to come to work every day! Wayne Kuni founded the company on the belief that if you take care of the employees, the employees take care of the customers, and that takes care of the bottom line. In addition to a competitive wage, benefit and employee programs for a full-time employee at Kuni include:
- Paid Time Off available as of your 90th day
- Holiday, Jury Duty, and Bereavement Pay
- 401K with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance rates
- Discounts on naturopathic care such as chiropractic and massage therapy
- 24 Hour Fitness discount and gym membership subsidy
- Employee discounts on vehicles, parts, and service
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- And much more…
Kuni Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a drug free workforce. We participate in eVerify as part of our onboarding process.
A valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required.