Who are we?
Holman Automotive Group was founded on family values with a passion for customer satisfaction. Our success and ability to provide outstanding service for over 90 years is due to our most valuable resource…our employees. Now into the third generation of family leadership, Holman Automotive Group is poised to continue its success for decades to come.
Holman Automotive Group consists of over 25 operating companies which include automotive dealerships in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, a retail automobile finance company, an auto parts distributorship, a truck up-fitting business, and the largest privately-owned fleet leasing and management company in the country, ARI, with business operations in North America and Europe.
We are looking for an income tax professional with 2-4 years of experience to join our staff based in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey.
- Supervise the function to ensure compliance and to determine the Corporation’s indirect tax liabilities to various authorities for sales/use, business licenses, unclaimed property, for all states.
- Review, prepare and/or approve monthly various tax accruals, journal entries and related supporting documentation
- Support all indirect tax audits, responding to auditor requests and defending the company’s tax positions
- Proactively monitor, analyze, and interpret state & local tax legislative changes to ensure appropriate planning, compliance, and reporting.
- Develop plans to modify and improve existing indirect tax processes as needed
- Understand product taxability, tax resale/ exemption certificate and license rules by jurisdiction and provide tax advice, guidance and training to business partners in the handling of their various tax related transactions including their sales of products and services to customers
- Review contracts for appropriate indirect tax terms and conditions as needed
- Assist on Mergers and Acquisitions, as needed
- Assist the tax team with tax planning and other special projects/duties as needed
Knowledge and Skill:
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Technical knowledge, preferably with indirect taxes
- Experienced at working through indirect tax issues, researching them and seeing them through to conclusion, preferred
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of GAAP accounting for state and local taxes including experience in preparation and review of journal entries
- Excellent verbal and written communication and excel skills
- S. degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
The Holman Family Difference:
Honest, friendly and professional environment with an outstanding reputation for family values and excellent customer service. We offer competitive pay and incentives. Outstanding benefits for you and your family includes medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401K retirement plan and vehicle purchase program. Growth and development opportunities to help you achieve your career goals.