ARI, part of the Holman Automotive Group and headquartered in Mt. Laurel, N.J., is a billion-dollar global vehicle fleet leasing and management company that prides itself on providing exceptional service. A recognized leader in the industry and the largest fleet management company in North America. Ranked #27 on FORTUNE magazine’s 100 “Best Places to Work” and #17 on Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT. ARI has more than 65 years of experience offering its employees a place where their careers and personal development can thrive.
ARI has an outstanding opportunity for a Project Leader I- Application Development.
Job Purpose: Responsible for managing a small to medium sized project focusing on the technology of the project and working within the constraints of scope, quality, time and costs and within established project polices and guidelines.
- Responsible for a small to medium sized project, with or without assigned developers.
- Ability to work in a team environment and maintain a strong working relationship with staff members, end-users and management.
- Solid ability to analyze, prioritizes, assign and follow-up on all work cases within process of expertise.
- Track, follow-up and report metrics for all projects and cases assigned; status, effort, percent complete, slippage, project effort, duration to completion. Communicate road blocks quickly and provides alternatives for resolution within process of expertise.
- Communicates with end-users or customer to define system requirements within process of expertise.
- Must demonstrate interest and be current with software development trends, make suggestions and take action on IT-related best practices, processes and systems within process of expertise.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Can run an effective meeting.
- Can organize a single project to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Can scope small to medium projects and set deliverables based on resources and deadlines with appropriate supervision and within process of expertise.
- Can gather, create, or participate in the creation of project documentation for simple to medium sized projects with appropriate supervision and within process of expertise.
- Can translate simple to medium project requirements into system design or programming specs on assigned tasks with appropriate supervision and within process of expertise.
- Solid interpersonal, communication, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Solid ability to provide reasonable and fair estimates on assigned tasks and projects.
- Ability to use development environment and tools needed to code solutions that satisfy business requirements is helpful but not a must.
- 1-3 years of software project development experience.
- Experience using PL/SQL (Oracle) or equivalent is helpful but not a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Microsoft Certification, PMP Certification are helpful but not a must.