Who are we?
Established in 1946, Holman Parts Distribution, Inc. has been a select partner for major OE brands for automotive powertrain sales, distribution and core collection. Holman Parts Distribution is a division of the prestigious Holman Automotive Group, a worldwide leader in the automobile business. Our sister companies include ARI, North America’s leading fleet management company; Holman Automotive, new car dealerships located in NJ, PA and Florida; and Auto Truck Group, a leader in the truck up-fitting industry in the U.S. and Canada.
Holman Parts Distribution has an outstanding opportunity for a Developer Analyst to join our team!
- Works closely with the senior developers and help them define requirements and solutions to business problems.
- Performs coding to written technical specifications and standards.
- Investigates, analyzes and documents reported defects.
- Creates, documents, and implements unit test plans, scripts and test harnesses.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Provides reasonable and fair estimates for assigned tasks and work efforts.
- Keeps current with software development trends, make suggestions and take action on IT-related best practices, processes and systems.
Knowledge and Skill:
- A motivated self-starter that is able to work independently and in teams on tasks and projects with appropriate supervision.
- Solid ability to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgments within processes of expertise.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, provides regular updates on progress of assignments to users and management on all projects and cases assigned.
- Solid ability to organize assignments and work efforts to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Solid analytical skills for effective problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Solid ability to gather, document, understand and translate requirements into system design as they relate to assigned tasks and projects to resolve the business needs.
- Solid ability to use the development environment and tools necessary to code solutions from detailed specifications within processes of expertise.
- Solid ability to use Microsoft Office products and other desktop tools to improve performance, collaboration, communication and efficiency.
- Solid ability to integrate multiple systems and develops modules that staff can reuse.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Microsoft Certification are helpful but not a must.
- 0-3 years of .NET software development experience an asset, but not a must.
- Experience using PL/SQL (Oracle) or equivalent an asset.