Title: Accountant – Property Tax
Department: Accounting – Tax
Reports to: Supervisor – Tax
Job Purpose: Prepare tax returns, review assessed values and protest if necessary, and bill clients.
- Prepares annual tax renditions.
- Reviews assessed values and files protests where required.
- Maintains property tax records and files.
- Researches tax issues for both internal and external customers.
- Assists Tax Department management in audits.
- Processes property tax bills for payment and billing.
- Responds to billing inquiries.
- Reconciles general ledger sub account.
- Special projects as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Intermediate accounting skills required.
- College degree or 2 years of general property tax experience required.
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in both a team environment and independently.
- Customer service skill a plus but not required.