We are seeking an individual with a high level of professionalism and strong work ethic to join our Auditing team in Vancouver, Washington!
Working in conjunction with the Internal Audit Department of the Holman Automotive Group, the Kuni Senior Internal Auditor will be primarily responsible for conducting risk-based audits under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager. The audits involve the review of various processes and procedures related to the three primary areas of focus: 1) financial reporting accuracy 2) compliance with laws and regulations, and 3) effective and efficient operations. Highlights include:
- Plan and scope the work to be performed for each audit;
- Complete assigned test work timely, in accordance with the audit program, but also considering key risks and mitigating controls for processes performed;
- Assess effectiveness of controls based on procedures performed and determining the impact of ineffectiveness through additional procedures as deemed necessary;
- Document clear, concise, accurate results of work performed and conclusions drawn;
- Lead less experienced staff by clearly explaining work to be performed, providing assistance when needed, and reviewing performance to ensure high quality;
- Present convincingly the testing results and recommendations to Management;
- Draft audit report to summarize findings and overall results to be reviewed by Internal Audit Manager;
- Assist auditees while they develop action plans to remediate audit findings and later test the effectiveness of those action plans;
- Drive continuous improvement in the audit programs;
- Lead specialized audits outside the normal scope of audits as requested;
- Develop short- and long-term career path goals and select professional development opportunities based on that path;
- Be receptive and responsive to performance feedback; and
- Consistently conduct business in the upmost professional manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field
- Three or more years of recent public audit (Big 4, a plus) or internal audit experience
- CPA, CIA or other certification is a plus, but not required
- Working knowledge of general ledger accounting and processes
- Strong written and spoken communication skills with all levels of management and staff
- Effective interpersonal skills are essential to this position
- Willingness and ability to travel (approx. 25%).