Holman Automotive, parent company of Kuni Automotive, is seeking a Contract Manager to join our team in Vancouver, WA!
We are seeking an individual with a high level of professionalism and strong work ethic that will support a well-controlled, yet progressive approach to business. Holman Enterprises has grown to more than 40 different operating companies, including dealerships; a retail finance company; a parts distributorship; truck up-fitting operations; and, the largest privately-owned fleet leasing and management business in North America. This position will primarily support our Holman Consumer Services segment, which includes Holman Automotive, Steward Financial Services and Holman Insurance Services.
The Contract Manager will manage the commercial contract review and negotiation process for all business units within the Holman Consumer Services segment of Holman Enterprises, focusing primarily on retail automotive operations. The Contract Manager will work closely with stakeholders across the company, and is expected to be self-motivated and able to operate independently. This position must (i) make decisions and provide advice and support to operations and central services personnel on a variety of contracting-related issues, (ii) draft and negotiate a variety of contract types, (iii) ensure corporate policies are enforced and adhered to, and (iv) collaborate with corporate legal, risk, sourcing and finance departments as needed. The Contract Manager will report directly to the General Counsel and Senior Vice President for Holman Consumer Services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate internal resources for the proper review, approval and execution of contracts.
- Respond promptly to requests for contract review and ensure timely turnaround on all contracting requests.
- Assist in and/or manage contract review sessions ensuring involvement of all relevant stakeholders in the contracting process.
- Draft and negotiate difﬁcult and complex contractual provisions—including risk allocation, indemnification, and limitations of liability—with outside vendors.
- Identify non-standard commercial terms and risks for legal, finance and other corporate departments’ consideration.
- Oversee the execution of contracts, ensuring that all necessary documentation is executed and collected as required by the contract documents and company policies, and oversee administration of the company’s contract management database.
- Assist in the creation, management, maintenance and audit of comprehensive contracting and risk assessment policies, processes and documentation to ensure compliance with company policy and needs.
- Work closely with the centralized accounting and corporate sourcing departments to (i) design, implement and manage vendor approval and onboarding processes and (ii) identify opportunities to consolidate vendor relationships and negotiate national accounts with key vendors.
- Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, highly organized, and attention to detail.
- Ability to interface, collaborate and communicate effectively with internal business partners as well as external sources.
- Strong working knowledge of contracting principles.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, adapt to shifting priorities, and work with minimal supervision.
- Sound work ethic, business acumen, and professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; law degree is a plus.
- Ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience in contract negotiation and management, or other hands-on commercial contracts functions, in a corporate legal department, preferably for a company in a consumer-facing industry.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask while delivering quality and timely product in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and draft contractual terms and documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.