To be responsible for the management and development of ARI’s LCV, HGV and ancillary equipment service, maintenance & repair networks in the assigned region, ensuring comprehensive national coverage and the delivery of the highest quality service to ARI’s customers, particularly in regard to compliance event management, downtime minimisation and cost control.
The role requires extensive knowledge of HGV and ancillary equipment regulatory inspection, MOT, service and maintenance requirements, and the ability to converse authoritatively with key customers’ management & engineering teams on all aspects of commercial vehicle operation & maintenance.
Reporting to: Manager – Technical Operations
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Identify and recruit quality repairers able to meet or exceed the requirements of ARI and its customers. Negotiate competitive terms and maintain robust & documented Terms & Conditions and SLA's with the network.
- Optimise the size of the repair network, ensuring sufficient coverage.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with repairers, manufacturers, and specialist parts and service providers
- Communicate effectively with repairers, customers, ARI management and internal teams, ensuring all stakeholders are appropriately aware of developments, progress, and changes that may have any impact on the business.
- Ensure each vehicle/asset is defaulted to a repairer who provides the best service, repair & maintenance solution, proposing & managing change of repairer on agreement.
- Respond promptly to customer requests to change default repairers, following documented process.
- Address issues and complaints from customers or ARI staff regarding repairer performance promptly and conclusively to the satisfaction of ARI and our customers, updating all parties as necessary.
- Meet with customer representatives regularly to identify opportunities for improvement and discuss network performance, presenting to customer representatives when necessary.
- Promote the use of ARI & third party systems across the network, providing appropriate support and training to maximise adoption
- Work collaboratively with fellow Fleet Engineers and the Technical Operations Team to share best practice, solve issues, improve efficiencies and ultimately enhance overall service to the customer
- Perform other duties as required by the business
ARI is looking for people with a passion for customers, co-workers and those living in the local community. Please take some time to consider our Company’s values in deciding whether ARI is the right place for you. http://www.holmanauto.com/history.htm/values.htm
Extensive and proven experience in negotiating best in class terms and service levels and be highly skilled in managing Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Accident Repair Networks
An in-depth knowledge of commercial vehicle and ancillary equipment compliance, and a detailed understanding of the regulatory and legal obligations of commercial vehicle fleet operation
Experience with and detailed understanding of the workings and operation of commercial service, inspection, maintenance and repair operations
Proven ability of interaction with Fleet Operators at all levels
Experience using computer systems including Microsoft packages
An up to date awareness of the developments and technologies in the Commercial Vehicle market
A positive, assertive and confident communicator, able to communicate effectively at all levels and speak knowledgeably on areas of expertise
Adept at listening and interpreting information speedily and accurately
Have the confidence to question and challenge
Skilled at imparting information to colleagues and management clearly and concisely, recognising the relative importance of information
Precise, careful, considered and unambiguous in written communications
Organisation and Planning
Highly organised, able to manage own responsibilities effectively
Ability to work efficiently in a structured, methodical manner
Ability to organise and prioritise effectively
Collaborative, proactive and dynamic approach
Committed to finding solutions, with ability to use initiative and common sense
Flexibility and Resilience
Uses initiative to react with a sense of urgency and consistency to challenges when presented
Self-motivated and positive
Enjoys working to targets, striving for results within strict deadlines
Solutions orientated with a can-do attitude
Ability to create, develop and maintain rapport with internal and external contacts
Self-driven and results orientated
Confident in own ability to deal with difficult situations and problem solve, embracing challenging situations looking to provide solutions
Professional & calm
Reliable, consistent & tenacious
Detailed, focused and right first time mentality
Positive and enthusiastic
Openly promotes the ARI ethos