Principal Purpose of Position:
- ARI’s Sales Support Project Leaders serve as an extension of the sales and client retention teams, writing and developing field messaging materials that help to win, retain, and grow customer business. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders across the business to develop compelling content aligned with our buyer’s journey, and persuasively convey ARI’s capabilities and competitive differentiation in RFP responses, proposals, and presentations.
- Creates compelling sales proposals, presentations, sell sheets, executive summaries, and other sales collateral, customized as needed to reflect the unique needs and circumstances of a buyer.
- Owns and facilitates the bid process by coordinating Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) with internal stakeholders
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; coordinating requirements with contributors; writing and assembling proposal requirements; facilitating approvals; and transmitting proposals.
- Facilitates project strategy discussions including kickoff and draft review calls.
- Develops proposal strategy by performing due diligence, studying RFP, identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, and collaborating with account owners.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Re-writes/edits proposal contributions from a variety of stakeholders, including sales, marketing, technical/operations teams, finance, and legal.
- Writes persuasively, including original content or customizes existing content for prospects and clients.
- Provides additional support for the sales team, including due diligence, client references, program descriptions, industry information, and additional support as needed.
- Ensures 100% compliance with deadlines and submission requirements.
- Adheres to ARI’s brand voice, templates, style guidelines, and messaging methodology.
- Exhibits consistent quality of work, including clear, concise and grammatically correct writing.
- Demonstrates ongoing proficiency in subject matter knowledge including ARI and Holman organization, products and services, sales process and strategy, as well as industry and competitive differentiation.
- Liaises with subject matter experts, marketing team, peers, and leadership to develop sales content.
- Maintains proposal content database and library of sales tools and collateral.
- Supports all stages of the ARI sales process and company marketing efforts as needed.
- Cross-trains with department on other tasks; performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Know-How includes every kind of relevant knowledge, skill, and experience, however acquired, needed for acceptable performance in a job or role. Know-How has three dimensions: Practical/Technical Knowledge, Planning, Organizing and Managerial Knowledge; and Communicating & Influencing Skills. In the space below, please list the minimum requirements within each of the categories.
Education and/or Training
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Relevant Work Experience:
- Proven skills in producing and editing exceptional proposal content within a complex business environment, minimum 3 years.
- Experienced in working in a collaborative environment, including leading exploratory kick off sessions, participating in key review meetings/final document review, content sign off and document production
- Experience with Upland Qvidian (or other RFP software) and Salesforce.com preferred