Who we are?
Our long history expands over 96 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 11 locations and more than 500 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers. From custom orders to entire fleets, Auto Truck Group is ready to help pool/dealer customers, commercial users, fleets, utilities, government agencies, and many other smaller businesses.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for an Account Manager based in our Mississauga, On location.
What will you do?
The Account Manager is responsible for executing the day-to-day activities to ensure our customers and internal partners have the information and tools they need to meet the customer’s needs. The Account Manager is responsible for providing superior customer service both externally and internally, process customer orders, generate sales revenue, provide excellent communication and feedback, and promote goodwill within assigned customer groups.
- Make sales calls to current and potential customers to promote products and assist with problem resolution
- Serve as the main point of contact for customers; act as a liaison between the customer and other company departments while developing strong working relationships.
- Provide customer support by answering phones, quoting prices, taking orders, tracking delivery and order status, expediting delivery, and providing technical support.
- Proactively work with customers to forecast upcoming needs, build schedules and resolve customer complaints and problems.
- Facilitate warranty claims/orders.
- Coordinate sublet installations for units purchased out of stock or missed ship-thru with partners across the country.
- Follow up with customer regarding outstanding quotations, RFP’s and RFQ’s to increase sales.
- Maintain status as the main point of contact for customers; develops strong working relationships with customers and other department team members. Acts as a liaison between the customer and other company departments.
- Work with outside sales representatives with research, sources and process bids and quotes in a timely manner.
- Coordinates, schedules, and participates in pre-build and pre-delivery meetings to ensure customer expectations can be met.
- Process and open orders based on accepted bids and/or purchase orders, modify existing orders or cancel orders in accordance with standard procedures.
- Maintain templates and files of work and revisions based on input from internal and external sources.
- Ensures production can meet customer delivery expectations.
- Administer our pool stock by promoting current/inbound inventory and processing the reverse and rebills in a timely manner.
- Verify correct pricing; ensuring profit margins are consistent with company objectives.
- Maintains documentation throughout the progress of a job necessary for billing and reference; includes file folders, purchase orders, authorizations and drawings.
- Stay up-to-date on new products and sales promotions from vendors, chassis manufacturers and internal projects.
- Stay informed on changes with current products, market trends and competitor activities.
- Prepare and submit a variety of required reports, status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up and adherence to goals.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field, or equivalent years of experience required.
- 1-3 years Account Management experience
- 3 years automotive/truck equipment experience strongly preferred
- Advanced analytic abilities to make independent decisions and then justify the financial outcomes.
- Customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of customer personnel
- Highly professional appearance and demeanor
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office
- Must be detail oriented, organized, able to plan effectively, prioritize and multi-task.
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, on the job training and development and much more.