Under direction provided by the Corporate Controller, manages the accounting team and will have responsibility for supporting all parts of our finance process for assigned business. Responsibilities include budget and financial statement preparation, account reconciliations, internal audits, tax compliance, and oversight of operational accounting activities.
- Manage the work of the accounting staff (3 additional team members) by providing direction and review of cash handling, AP, Billing, AR, payroll, fixed assets, sales tax reporting, and other duties as assigned.
- Monthly journal entry preparation and review for financial statements and associated reports.
- Accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close and financial statement consolidation.
- Oversees annual budget process and periodic re-projections.
- Maintain the general ledger, including monthly analysis and reconciliations to ensure accuracy.
- Work with internal auditors to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Leadership of cycle count and full physical inventory process and obsolescence review.
- Cost accounting analysis to develop/maintain burden rates, company allocations, and job costing analysis.
- Identifies process and internal control weaknesses and work to develop/implement solutions.
- Work with direct reports to establish performance goals and objectives for each year, monitor and advise on the progress, and enhance the professional development of staff.
- Train new and existing staff as needed.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned or requested.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and timely.
- Solid organizational skills along with an aptitude for information technology
- Customer service focus to business with a high degree of diplomacy and tact in all communications.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and experience using a standard ERP system.
- Excels in making appropriate judgments considering alternative courses of action.
- Demonstrates ability to learn quickly and has excellent problem solving skills.
- Deadline oriented - able to work effectively under narrow time limitations to produce accurate results.
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance and at least 3-5 years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. CMA/CPA a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and transfer pricing.
- Leadership experience of 2+ years required.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.