Who are we?
Holman Automotive Group was founded on family values with a passion for customer satisfaction. Our success and ability to provide outstanding service for over 90 years is due to our most valuable resource…our employees. Now into the third generation of family leadership, Holman Automotive Group is poised to continue its success for decades to come.
Holman Strategic Ventures has a terrific opportunity for an Open Source Application Developer.
We are looking for passionate, professional full stack developers who enjoy doing things the right way to assist in creating new and exciting products for Holman’s Strategic Ventures group. You will be responsible for developing quality solutions that scale. Thorough knowledge across the “stack” is essential. Some tasks that may be asked of you include designing a relational database, constructing a secure JSON REST API, a responsive front end and composing a serverless function. The Strategic Ventures group is a fast paced, rapidly changing environment working with the latest technologies – your enthusiasm for such an atmosphere will be welcomed.
- Design, efficient, testable, reusable, and reliable code - all on the cloud
- Integration of cloud based data storage solutions (Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, etc)
- Integration of user-facing elements with server side logic
- Work collaboratively in architecting/developing solutions
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies/industry trends
- Ability to learn a lot quickly
- 4+ years professional experience building web applications
- Thorough knowledge in C# (.NET core) and/or Python with Django is essential
- Experience in using an ORM like Entity Framework or SQLAlchemy
- Firm grasp of OOP & SOLID design principles
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Experience using React dom - native experience a plus
- js & Docker experience a plus
- Experience building complex, highly scalable customer facing software systems
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of GIT
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Able to work in an agile environment with a focus on continuous integration