ARI, part of the Holman Automotive Group and headquartered in Mt. Laurel, N.J., is a billion-dollar global vehicle fleet leasing and management company that prides itself on providing exceptional service. A recognized leader in the industry and the largest fleet management company in North America. Ranked #27 on FORTUNE magazine’s 100 “Best Places to Work” and #17 on Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT. ARI has more than 65 years of experience offering its employees a place where their careers and personal development can thrive.
ARI has an outstanding opportunity for a Application Developer I.
Job Purpose: Perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. Maintain, modify, implement new programs within existing systems and makes recommendations on how to improve these systems.
What will you do?
- Works with project management and architects on application design and development.
- Develops applications, components and services using C#.NET, ASP.NET to meet the business needs
- Evaluates business requirements and processes to provide accurate estimates for development efforts.
What are we looking for?
- Strong SQL skills. (Oracle is preferred but not required)
- Understanding of development lifecycle, SDLC processes and guidelines.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently within a diverse and fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with third party controls like Telerik ASP.NET controls would be a plus.
- .NET certification is recommended but not a must-have.
- Interprets written business requirements and technical specification documents.
- Performs coding to written technical specifications and standards.
- Investigates, analyzes and documents reported defects.
- Creates, documents, and implements unit test plans, scripts and test harnesses.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Provides reasonable and fair estimates for assigned tasks, work efforts and projects.
- Keeps current with software development trends, makes suggestions and takes action on IT-related best practices, processes and systems.
- Guides less senior team members in both technical aspects and people skills.
- Provides direction for new tools, technologies and development approaches.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Strong ability to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgments across most business process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on the ability to communicate technical issues to a diverse non-technical audience, provides regular updates on progress of assignments to users and management on all projects and cases assigned.
- Strong ability to organize assignments and work efforts to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Strong ability to use the development environment and tools necessary to code solutions from detailed specifications across most business processes.
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Office products and other desktop tools to improve performance, collaboration, communication and efficiency.