Who are we?
Holman Automotive Group is a privately held automotive company with 40 dealership franchises, 19 brands and 34 locations. We are founded on family values with a passion for customer satisfaction. Our success and ability to provide outstanding service for over 90 years is due to our most valuable resource…our employees. Now into the third generation of family leadership, Holman Automotive Group is poised to continue its success for decades to come..Apply Today!
BMW of Fort Lauderdale has an outstanding opportunity for a Collision Technician to join the Holman family.
What will you do?
Our Auto body technician is responsible for repairs and restoration, both minor and major, of collision damage to vehicles as well as basic mechanical repair. The Auto body technician is also responsible for:
- Review damage reports, prepare or review repair cost estimates, and plan work to be performed.
- Remove damaged panels, and identify the family and properties of the plastic used on a vehicle.
- Inspect repaired vehicles for proper functioning, completion of work, dimensional accuracy, and overall appearance of paint job, and test drive vehicles to ensure proper alignment and handling.
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Mix polyester resins and hardeners to be used in restoring damaged areas.
- Position dolly blocks against surfaces of dented areas and beat opposite surfaces to remove dents, using hammers.
- Fit and weld replacement parts into place, using wrenches and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools.
- Requires maximal physical demands involving bending, lifting, reaching and pushing/pulling.
What are we looking for?
- High School Diploma and two years of related experience, such as an apprentice prior to performing alone.
- Current valid driver’s license
- General knowledge of all vehicle types required.
- Knowledge of frame and uni-body repairs required.
- Extensive mechanical abilities and training in car damage repairs.
- Ability to stay current by attending technical training schools and by reading shop manuals, technical bulletins, etc.
What we offer:
Honest, friendly and professional environment with an outstanding reputation for family values and excellent customer service. We offer competitive pay and incentives. Outstanding benefits for you and your family includes medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401K retirement plan with company matching contribution and vehicle purchase program. In addition we offer growth and development opportunities to help you achieve your career goals.