Responsible for the materials management function relating to the planning, procurement, storage, inventory control, distribution of materials and vehicles to meet company objectives and customer requirements. This involves the responsibility of directing and administering processes, inventory control, shipping & receiving, and transportation departments
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain optimal inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
- Establish procedures and supervise the annual physical inventory.
- Oversee and/or work with proper production control planning and scheduling programs to meet sales forecasts and to balance the level of manpower and machine requirements. Ensure deviations to the production schedule are investigated and properly followed up.
- Investigate and solve problems resulting from material shortages.
- Provide materials information and support to production meetings.
- Proper disposition of non-conforming material.
- Use metrics to track activities, make decisions, and generate efficiencies
- Manage the shipping and receiving functions of the company, and oversee the storage of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Develop, establish and provide for the maintenance of reporting systems that relate to the materials function.
- Ensure that standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all materials department functions
- Provides support and accountability for the transportation department. This department involves receiving, storing, moving, and shipping of vehicles.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a warehouse / materials environment.
- 4-year College degree a plus
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Proven track record of leading & developing teams
- Ability to create processes and track metrics
- Knowledge/experience with kan-ban, 5S, Continuous Improvement, and Lean practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Advanced experience with Excel a plus
- Must be able to work in multiple, fast-paced environments – shop, outside in all types of weather conditions as well as in an office.
- Must pass a physical, drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.
- Valid driver’s license.