The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting the Installation Operations team with technical expertise, information, and problem solving. Successful candidates will possess OEM Truck systems knowledge, OEM upfitting best practices, electrical system and engine, transmission, and body controller programming experience. Review aftermarket systems installation documents and provide training and guidance. Work closely with Design Engineering, Operations Supervisors, Leads, and technicians.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee and participate in problem resolution within our assembly processes
- Support the upfit process for class 3 to class 8 vocational trucks by providing technical support for proper installation and troubleshooting of electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical equipment
- Share knowledge on OEM Truck electrical systems (Freightliner, Navistar, Peterbilt)
- Assist in challenges in integrating aftermarket systems onto OEM chassis
- Needs to interact with OEM Bodybuilder teams and convey that knowledge to shop floor technicians
- This role would spend 70% of time on shop floor supporting install technicians with knowledge and troubleshooting assistance including interpreting aftermarket equipment installation instruction
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- Associate’s Degree in Technical Field, such as Automotive Technology, Engineering Technology, Product Design, or Manufacturing Technology.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in one of the following fields: Operations, Automotive Service, Manufacturing, or Engineering.
- Experience with CAN BUS network, updating Engine and Body Control Modules for upfit
- Open center hydraulic experience, experience with basic hydraulic systems, troubleshooting PTO’s, pumps, and valves
- 12 volt DC vehicle electrical experience with basic circuit layout and troubleshooting
- Ability to influence and lead a cross functional team in a fast paced environment where the team members are not direct reports.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access, Project and Power Point
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology, or equivalent appropriate technical BS degree.
- Solidworks or 3D CAD basic experience
- AutoCAD or other 2D CAD basic experience
- Fabrication and welding experience, ability to advise on basic structural reinforcements for aftermarket equipment installs