Under moderate supervision, the Sr. Mechanical Engineer performs functions to develop and implement truck mounted equipment and to provide support for an assigned line of products. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer with be tasked with projects that are intermediate to advance in complexity and scope.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design, analyze, integrate, and test truck mounted equipment systems.
- Design truck bodies and accessories from various materials.
- Create detailed drawings for manufacturing.
- Create simplified drawings for customer review and approval.
- Resolve design, assembly, and manufacturing problems in a timely manner.
- Develop, publish, and maintain operating manuals for our products.
- Develop, publish, and maintain assembly instructions to support the Operations team.
- Communicate effectively with sales, manufacturing, suppliers and customers.
- Provide support and guidance to Mechanical Engineers to support the development and growth of the team.
- Support field network of shops by providing troubleshooting information.
- Keep abreast of relevant safety standards and adhere to them.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology, preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Engineering field
- Proficiency with Solidworks
- Proficiency with Finite Element Analysis
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access, Project and Power Point is required.
- Previous experience with welding, sheet metal forming, mobile hydraulic and/or electrical circuits
- Previous AutoCad experience
- Experience with Solidworks Enterprise Product Data Management
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires working on hard floor – standing, sitting, walking, laying, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and stooping.
- Ability to perform work above shoulder level is required.
- Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds regularly with occasional lifting to upwards of 75 pounds.
- Working outside all year long in all weather conditions.