Who we are?
ARI, a billion-dollar global vehicle fleet leasing and management Company, prides itself on its people. ARI has been ranked #27 on Fortune Magazine’s 100 “Best Places to Work”, #17 on Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT and voted Employer of the Year by the Mississauga Board of Trade. The Company has more than 65 years of experience offering over 2,800 employees a place where their careers and personal development can thrive.
ARI has an outstanding opportunity for a Software Development to perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements in our Canadian Headquarters located in Mississauga.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for a small to medium sized team of developers for day-to-day activity on a project.
- Track, follow-up and report metrics for all projects and cases assigned; status, effort, percent complete, slippage, project effort, duration to completion. Communicate roadblocks quickly and provides alternatives for resolution for most business process.
- Communicates with end-users or customer to define system requirements, and establishes/maintains an effective and proactive relationship with end-users and key stakeholders to keep current with business goals within responsible areas for most business processes.
- Must demonstrate interest and be current with software development trends, make suggestions and act on IT-related best practices, processes and systems for most business processes.
- Works with project management and architects on application design and development.
- Develops applications, components and services using C#.NET, ASP.NET to meet the business needs
- Evaluates business requirements and processes to provide accurate estimates for development efforts.
What are we looking for?
- 7-10 years of software project development experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in leading a software development team.
- Strong SQL skills. (Oracle is preferred but not required)
- Understanding of development lifecycle, SDLC processes and guidelines.
- Can translate requirements into system design or programming specs necessary to resolve the business requirements for complex sized projects with limited supervision and within most business processes.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Can run an effective meeting for large groups.
- Can organize and manage multiple projects to meet schedules and deadlines.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently within a diverse and fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- .NET certification is recommended but not a must-have.
What we Offer
Benefits include competitive pay and bonus, health, dental and life insurance, 100% tuition reimbursement based on grade performance, Group RRSP, on the job training and development and much more.
ARI is committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.