he automobile industry is undergoing a profound transformation. New technologies, like autonomous driving and advanced data connectivity, are redefining the way cars are operated and maintained. As a result, our industry needs team members who are eager to learn about the latest technologies, service customer vehicles, and are excited to be part of the future of transportation.
If your present position does not offer the job or income security you’ve been looking for, then Holman Automotive has the career for you
Kuni Collision Center has an outstanding opportunity for a Body Shop Painter’s Assistant to join the Holman family!
What will you do?
The Paint Technician Assistant is responsible for assisting the Paint Technicians in preparing surfaces of vehicles after body repairs are completed.
- Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of all paints, thinners, painting supplies and painting procedures and other products necessary for your craft.
- Be able to read estimates and repair orders and supplements.
- Be able to mask, sand, prime vehicles and getting it and/or the parts ready for the painter.
- Unmask car after it’s painted and baked.
- Locate vehicles on the lot and move them in and out of the shop.
- Clean the prep areas and spray boots.
- Perform minor maintence around the paint shop.
- Properly maintain tools and equipment when performing paint work and follow correct safety procedures.
- Organize the work and plan for most efficient production.
- Give special attention to repeat repairs and make sure the problem is corrected in order to avoid future comebacks.
- The Paint Technician assistant must have adequate technical knowledge and a high attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task working on several jobs at any time, be a self-starter and pace jobs.
- This position requires the ability to use spray guns, power sanders, power buffers and small hand tools.
- The job requires standing for long periods of time, kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, upper-body motion and arm movement (sanding), lifting various parts (0 to 25 pounds daily; 0 – 50 frequently; and infrequently up to 75 lbs).
- The job also requires frequently changing position, twisting, reaching, grasping, and climbing on a stepladder, sitting and walking.
- The position requires the ability to drive vehicles, work safely with hazardous materials, and at times work in extreme weather and temperature conditions.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems and operate in a multi-tasking environment.
- Strong inter-personal skills. Demonstrated organizational ability with a high level of attention to detail. Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have a clean MVR
Benefits at Holman Automotive Group include an outstanding compensation plan, paid time off, available 401(k), medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, and employee vehicle purchase program.
No company is better positioned for this new world than Holman Automotive Group. Holman Automotive Group is a privately held automotive company with 40 dealership franchises, 19 brands and 34 locations. Much more than a network of dealerships, Holman has built a 90-year tradition of innovation and success by drawing on our most valuable resource…our employees. Now into our third generation of family leadership, Holman is looking for a new generation of intelligent, motivated and sophisticated employees ready help us meet tomorrow’s challenges. If you’d like to work in this kind of exciting, technology-driven, customer-centered environment, then Apply Today!