Strategic Account Manager - Retail Marketing Opportunities in New Jersey, Florida, Colorado and California!
Holman Automotive Group is a privately held automotive company with 40 dealership franchises, 19 brands, and 34 locations. With sister organizations that provide fleet management, F&I, and technology solutions, Holman Enterprises is uniquely poised to capitalize on the growing and changing mobility industry and offers vast opportunities for career development and growth in both the B2B and B2C arenas. We are founded on family values with a passion for customer satisfaction, and we strongly believe that our success and ability to provide outstanding service for over 90 years is due to our most valuable resource…our employees.
Principal Purpose of Position:
The Strategic Account Manager role is a new addition to the Holman Automotive Retail Marketing group’s organizational structure. As we grow our dealership footprint, these Account Managers will play a critical role as regional in-market liaisons between the corporate marketing team and our stores. Working side-by-side with each dealership General Manager, the manufacturer’s regional marketing team, and the Holman Automotive Retail marketing team, this person will be the go-to resource for building, implementing, and measuring custom marketing plans for each store. Additionally, collaboration among the Strategic Account Managers team offers an unprecedented opportunity to be a critical part of cultivating a wealth of best practices and proven tactics that will collectively drive up ROI across all of our dealerships and build a world-class marketing organization.
In this role, you will:
- Create marketing plans for each dealership in your region, including SEO and SEM, third-party advertising, social media, experiential marketing and events, and dealership website content. Assist where necessary with the execution of the plan, leveraging vendors, central marketing team members, and in-dealership support staff.
- Build strong relationships with key players in each store and region, including General Managers, Variable and Fixed Operations Managers, and Regional VPs. Meet regularly in-store with management to review marketing outcomes and make recommendations on strategy and budget. Bring this knowledge back to the Retail Marketing leadership team, as well as share within Strategic Account Rep group to identify best practices and scale successful programs.
- Conduct monthly account reviews, providing data-based analysis of the past 90 days, data-driven recommendations for the upcoming 90 days, and appropriate segment, region, and brand benchmarks.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of each dealership’s sales metrics and build complimentary marketing campaigns to support monthly sales goals. Be able to anticipate declines in demand and quickly optimize marketing campaigns and spend to adjust.
- Develop a deep understanding of your market, your brands, your buyers, and the competition and provide authoritative, go-to expertise to the General Manager of each store.
- Relay and interpret current corporate initiatives from Holman Enterprises as well as the manufacturers to the stores. Act as a liaison to assist with the rollout, integration, execution, and measurement.
- Build campaign calendars for each dealership, incorporating manufacturer and local intel to deliver segmented, targeted, and relevant campaigns aimed at capturing new business and retaining existing owner base. Work with in-house creative resources on content development. Monitor effectiveness of campaigns and make agile adjustments to content, marketing channel, budget, and timing.
- Establish project priorities and coordinate with team members to ensure work completion in a timely manner. Adopt quality control measures and approve digital assets that are ready for release.
- Manage vendor relationships for adding or replacing services. Liaise with agencies and vendor partners to drive the creation and adoption of new digital opportunities.
- Leverage our martech stack to forecast, develop project plans, strategy, scheduling, identify risks, and formulate contingency plans.
- Build customer nurture campaigns that incorporate sales, service, parts, and finance to drive engagement and increase the LCV (lifetime customer value).
Education and/or Training:
- Four-year college degree, preferably in a marketing-related program
Relevant Work Experience:
- 5+ years experience in marketing, specifically demand creation
- 2+ years experience in a sales or account management capacity
- Automotive industry experience highly desired
- Ability to oversee and manage budgets in excess of $2M
- Expertise in vendor management, including onboarding, review, and QA
- Aptitude for juggling multiple high priority accounts simultaneously, prioritizing on the fly, and driving continual, agile improvement
Communicating & Influencing Skills:
- Exceptional aptitude for building relationships and trust with senior sales leaders and management as well as remote team members and industry partners
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to explain metrics and data to stakeholders at varying levels
- Ability to manage workload independently and autonomously, with the instincts to escalate issues appropriately
- Written and verbal communication skills that earn the respect and attention of leadership and peers and open the lines to effective communication.