Who we are?
Since 1918, Auto Truck Group takes new trucks and make them into tools. We have expanded into 12 locations and more than 800 employees specializing in the design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment. From custom trucks to entire fleets, our customers include railroad, utilities, government agencies.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for an Installer/Assembler.
Primary job function will be installing new aftermarket equipment on new vehicles. Understand the value that quality plays in the overall success of the company, help in increasing the quality of our products for the appearance and safety for our customers.
What will you do?
- Ability to build vehicles according to work instructions and prints
- Ability to safely mount and connect mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Responsible for testing installed parts prior to final inspection.
- Responsible for verifying all line items have been completed on the work order.
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors to relevant departments for continuous improvement of the installation process.
What are we looking for?
- 1-3 years of previous electrical, mechanical, and equipment assembly experience required.
- Or, completion/current enrollment in an accredited Technical School.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Understand electrical schematics
- Understanding of 12V circuits
- Troubleshoot problems
- Must be able to work in multiple environments – shop, outside in all types of weather conditions as well as in an office. Ability to think on your own and request assistance when needed.
- Must be able to perform within the established company standards, which include but are not limited to standard operating procedures, attendance, quality, team environment and performance.
- Must pass a physical, drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, tuition reimbursement, new car discounts, on the job training and development and much more.