The Manufacturing Manager will provide day-to-day direction to the department employees, plan production, communicate with internal customers, analyze equipment and make suggestions for improved equipment performance, developing solutions to improve safety and productivity.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop production schedule, evaluate and prioritize work orders and assign to appropriate personnel.
- Oversee the daily activities required to process the current jobs within established schedule.
- Supervise, train, counsel and motivate department employees.
- Participate in the recruiting, interviewing and disciplinary processes for department employees.
- Investigate, recommend and implement work processes in order to improve efficiency, quality and safety.
- Analyze, resolve and assist employees in problem resolutions.
- Communicate and provide feedback to management regarding activities, issues and / or problems on jobs.
- Prepare production reports, efficiency reports and other requested reports and distribute to appropriate personnel.
- Ensure all employees are trained and compliant with company policies and procedures.
- Review, correct and submit hours worked records for payroll processing.
- Promote a positive team environment.
- Possess knowledge of manufacturing processes to limit scrap materials.
- Possess an understanding and exercise extreme care during the operation and movement of large parts while using the company lifting systems.
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors to relevant departments for continuous improvement of the production processes.
- Understand the value that quality plays in the overall success of the company, help in increasing the quality of our products for the appearance and safety for our customers.
- Ability to think on your own and request assistance when needed.
- Must comply with the company’s safety policies and clean initiative standards.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- Possess excellent leadership skills with the ability to guide and teach employees.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be reliable and detail-oriented.
- Ability to be organized with the power to plan effectively, prioritize and multi-task.
- Must possess a technical aptitude with understanding of engineering drawings.
- Experience with Solidworks/CAD
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of automotive / truck industry.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations or related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Must pass a physical, drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- AWS certification – recommend obtaining.