Who are we?
The automobile industry is undergoing a profound transformation. New technologies like autonomous driving and advanced data connectivity are redefining the way cars are sold and operated. As a result, our industry needs team members who are up-to-speed on the latest technologies, eager to help customers find the best solution for their transportation needs, and excited to be part of the future of transportation.
No company is better positioned for this new world than Holman Automotive Group. Much more than a network of dealerships, Holman has built a 90-year tradition of innovation and success by drawing on our most valuable resource…our employees. If you’d like to work in this kind of exciting, technology-driven, customer-centered environment then Apply Today!
Kuni Lexus of Portland has an outstanding opportunity for an Assistant Controller to join the Holman family.
- Oversee general accounting office and immediate supervision of office employees.
- Perform timely balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Perform month, and year end close and report to corporate office on a timely basis
- Work closely with the business units to prepare monthly budgets, quarterly reforecasts, and annual budgets.
- Work closely with all departments in both accounting and operational capacity.
- Perform income and expense analysis on deviations.
- Assist in both internal and external audits.
- Ensure that a strong internal control environment is consistently maintained.
- Ensure that accurate payroll information is submitted to centralized payroll on a timely basis.
- Calculate compensation and ensure timely payment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting Required. Master’s Degree and/or CPA designation a plus.
- Minimum of two (2) years prior accounting experience. Dealership and/or automotive related experience a plus.
- Experience with budgeting, financial statement preparation, and financial analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications especially Excel, and Word.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems and operate in a multi-tasking environment.
- Strong inter-personal skills. Demonstrated organizational ability with a high level of attention to detail. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with all levels of management, staff, and third party vendors.
- Oversee compliance in sales, finance, service, and parts.
- Work closely with Centralized Accounting ensuring accuracy of the financial data.
What we offer:
A warm and professional environment based on a foundation of family values and exceptional customer service. We offer competitive pay and incentives. Outstanding benefits for you and your family include medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401K retirement plan with company matching contribution, and a vehicle purchase program. In addition, we offer growth and development opportunities to help you advance your career.