Who we are?
ARI, a Holman Enterprises company, is a global fleet management leader with a portfolio of more than 1.6 million vehicles in North America, the UK and Europe and, together with its strategic partners, 3 million vehicles worldwide. Headquartered in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, ARI is 2,800 employees strong with revenues exceeding $1 billion and offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Europe. This Procurement Business Partner role is based in our Mississauga, Ontario location.
The Procurement Business Partner is a position within the ARI Strategic Relationships Group. Strategic Relationships supports the ARI global business by providing procurement and new product development expertise that controls customer costs and quality of service while maximizing income for ARI. The Procurement Business Partner works with the business team to identify high performing suppliers and negotiate favorable commercial terms in line with business strategy. A successful candidate is a self-motivated, strong communicator, with the ability to pull different ideas together and challenge status quo.
Principal Purpose of Position:
- Develop and execute a procurement strategy within a spend category at the business unit level, in line with current strategy.
- Recognize and deliver cost savings and maximize profitability by negotiating the best possible supplier commercial contract terms.
- Innovation - Identify opportunities to collaborate with key vendors to develop new offerings.
- Work with category leaders to network externally with vendors and professional organizations related to their accountable business line.
- Lead, support and manage the bid process for large purchases.
- Work with vendor management team to drive supplier excellence through measurement, reward and recognition (quality, SLA’s).
- Work closely with vendor management group to provide feedback on vendor performance (cost, quality and execution) and follow up with resolutions including involvement in periodic vendor audits.
- Mitigate business risk through the execution of robust agreements
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- CPM, CPSM or equivalent preferred (or willing to pursue)
- Key Competencies: Collaboration, Data Analytics, Procurement, Project Management, Clear Articulator, Strategy Development, Interpersonal.
Relevant Work Experience:
- 5 years of procurement or supply chain experience in a services business environment, preferred.
- Experience implementing strategic sourcing plans in support of business unit operations (balancing cost, risk and performance).
- Proficient in financial modeling and data analysis.
Communicating & Influencing Skills:
- Ability to develop influencing relationships with varying levels of management and individual contributors from multiple business units.
- Able to develop an external professional network to maintain awareness of procurement trends.
- Comfortable negotiating contracts valued in excess of $250,000. Clear understanding of contractual terms and conditions.
- Experienced in the development and implementation of supplier management practices and/or processes on an enterprise basis, including SLAs, KPIs, and governance models.
- Build partnerships with ARI functions and business lines and ensure procurement is involved at the earliest stage of the buying process. Ideal candidate will have experience working in commercial vehicle fleet management.
- Minimal travel required.
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay and bonus, health, dental and life insurance, 100% tuition reimbursement based on grade performance, Group RRSP, on the job training and development and much more.