Who are we?
Holman Automotive Group was founded on family values with a passion for customer satisfaction. Our success and ability to provide outstanding service for over 90 years is due to our most valuable resource…our employees. Now into the third generation of family leadership, Holman Automotive Group is poised to continue its success for decades to come.
Holman Strategic Ventures has a terrific opportunity for an QA Engineer.
We are looking for a QA Engineer responsible for delivering testing services in a dynamic, fast paced Agile environment, including development of test automation, testing of business applications (including mobile), infrastructure and tools, and providing best-in-class Agile testing practices.
- Work collaboratively and productively with the product owner to thoroughly understand the epics and stories and form acceptance criteria
- Work collaboratively and productively with development team to incorporate test processes/cycles into each sprint
- Implementation and usage of automated testing methods for unit, integration and regression testing
- During daily stand up, contribute QA results and QA plans for current active items
- Creation and enhancement of user stories that will assist in the QA effort- educate all team members on best practices to incorporate into process
- Designing and implement tests, debugging and defining corrective actions.
- Monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system issues to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train team to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years professional experience QA
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes for an Agile environment
- Experience in automotive/fleet management industries
- Thrive in working with tight knit, fast paced team
- Experience with open source, and other common libraries
- Understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Able to work in an agile environment with a focus on continuous integration
- Translate application User Stories into manual and automated test cases
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with SQL and scripting
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the Holman Strategic Ventures team
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity