ARI, part of the Holman Automotive Group and headquartered in Mt. Laurel, N.J., is a billion-dollar global vehicle fleet leasing and management company that prides itself on providing exceptional service. A recognized leader in the industry and the largest fleet management company in North America. Ranked #24 on FORTUNE magazine’s 100 “Best Places to Work” and #17 on Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT. ARI has more than 65 years of experience offering its employees a place where their careers and personal development can thrive.
ARI is currently accepting resumes for a Engineer II Infrastructure position within our Information Technolgy Team. This is a Full Time position based in Mt. Laurel.
Principal Purpose of Position:
- May coordinate and participate in medium-enterprise base work initiatives and projects.
- Works with project managers to coordinate and plan project tasks and resources.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of small to medium complexity.
- Develops enhanced production monitoring and additional capability. Recommends changes/enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability, and performance.
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as backups, patch management and hot fixes.
- Performs capacity workload modeling and availability analysis for a variety of platforms and environments.
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of metrics around the system and ensure success in process, institutes a process for continuous improvement.
- Ensures adherence to security requirements. Makes recommendations to improve security and participates in investigations as needed.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions.
- Ensures compliance and contributes to policies, procedures and standards.
- Monitors production, outputs, and services to ensure that SLAs, and other quality metrics, are being met.
- Assists in developing documentation for new infrastructure solutions. Ensures documentation is developed and maintained.
- Provides Level 2 production support. Assists with troubleshooting and problem management. Seeks technical assistance or escalates when necessary.
Education and/or Training:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Related industry certification a plus
Relevant Work Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience providing support in a windows multi-server enterprise environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in system engineering and IT support required
- Requires strong knowledge and experience with multiple infrastructure solutions
- Intermediate proficiency working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows and Linux based environments.
- Intermediate proficiency with virtualization (e.g., VMware)
- Intermediate proficiency with systems monitoring
- Intermediate proficiency in scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Active Directory design supporting geographically dispersed locations to include LDS authorization integration.
- Intermediate proficiency of file servers utilizing storage at scale to include disaster recovery capabilities, and DFS namespaces, configured for high availability.
- Basic proficiency with MS Office software such as Word, Excel, and Visio.