ARI, part of the Holman Automotive Group and headquartered in Mt. Laurel, N.J., is a billion-dollar global vehicle fleet leasing and management company that prides itself on providing exceptional service. A recognized leader in the industry and the largest fleet management company in North America. Ranked #24 on FORTUNE magazine’s 100 “Best Places to Work” and #17 on Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT. ARI has more than 65 years of experience offering its employees a place where their careers and personal development can thrive.
ARI is currently accepting resumes for a Engineer III Infrastructure position within our Information Technolgy Team. This is a Full Time position based in Mt. Laurel.
Infrastructure Engineer III General Responsibilities
- Maintains, monitors, and supports the infrastructure environment.
- Leads enterprise base work initiatives and projects.
- Develops enhanced production monitoring and additional capability.
- Defines improvements increased system reliability and performance.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to highly complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
- Acts as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation ongoing solutions supportability.
- Works with project managers to coordinate and plan project tasks and resources.
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements.
- Develops new alerts and monitoring techniques based on engineering requirements.
- Develops scripted solutions and automation.
- Coordinates changes across multiple systems.
- Performs capacity workload modeling and availability analysis for a variety of platforms and environments.
- Recommends changes/enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability, and performance.
- Develops, maintains, recommends, documents, and supports tools and back-end utilities to provide capacity planning management.
- Leads or provides technical direction for the planning, designing, and execution of testing efforts.
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of metrics around the system and ensure success in process institutes a process for continuous improvement.
- Identifies ways tasks can be automated.
- Provides Level 3 production support.
- Coordinates problem resolution among a variety of functional areas and provides subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problems.
- Makes recommendations to improve security and participates in investigations as needed.
- Ensures adherence to security requirements.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures and standards.
- Contributes to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Monitors production, outputs, and services to ensure that SLAs, and other quality metrics, are being met.
- Assists in developing SLAs.
- Ensures documentation is developed and maintained.
- Assists in developing documentation for new infrastructure solutions.
- Evaluates future technologies and makes recommendations for software and hardware upgrades.
Provides technical guidance, coaching/mentoring to team members
Relevant Work Experience:
- 7 or more years of relevant experience deploying and/or administrating infrastructure solutions.
- Relevant certification is preferred.
- Requires strong knowledge and experience with multiple infrastructure solutions
- Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows and Linux based environments.
- Experience with virtualization (e.g., VMware)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid experience with cloud computing environments (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Solid experience with APIs, orchestration, and automation.
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Solid knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory design supporting geographically dispersed locations to include LDS authorization integration.
- In-depth knowledge of file servers utilizing storage at scale to include disaster recovery capabilities, and DFS namespaces, configured for high availability.
- Experience with MS Office software such as Word, Excel, and Visio.