Analyze and coordinate the logistical functions for Auto Truck Group. Responsible for the entire life cycle of a product, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Organize transportation for internal material movement.
- Collaborate with other departments as necessary to meet customer requirements and to minimize negative impacts on the business.
- Develop an understanding of customers' needs, and take actions to ensure that such needs are met related to shipment of vehicles.
- Coordinate vendor pick-ups for inbound vehicles and chassis.
- Negotiate freight rates for delivery of vehicles.
- Manage subcontractor activities, reviewing proposals, developing performance specifications, and serving as a liaison between subcontractors and Auto Truck Group.
- Oversee and supervise New Vehicle receipt and shipping processes; coordinate driver’s schedules and record hours worked for payroll purposes.
- Oversee the pick-up and delivery of vehicles to shop technician work areas.
- Explain proposed solutions to customers, management, or other interested parties through written proposals and oral presentations.
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer's key personnel involved in or directly relevant to a logistics activity.
- Protect and control proprietary materials
- Review logistics performance with customers against targets, benchmarks and service agreements.
- Coordinate availability and allocation of materials, supplies, and finished products.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3-5 years of previous experience in logistics, transportation, and/or inventory management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical school preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- CDL highly desired.
Valid driver’s license in good standing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Requires working on hard floor – standing, sitting, walking, laying, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and stooping.
- Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- Working outside all year long in all weather conditions.