Kuni Automotive Group, A Holman Enterprise, is seeking an individual with a high level of professionalism and strong work ethic to join our team in as a Controller at Land Rover Denver in Littleton, CO! Our Controllers are key people in the organization and are well respected and supported. The Controller position reports directly to the Vice President/General Manager and indirectly to the Vice President of Accounting and Compliance.
Holman Enterprises, has grown to more than 40 different operating companies, including dealerships; a retail finance company; a parts distributorship; truck up-fitting operations; and, the largest privately-owned fleet leasing and management business in North America.
- Partnering with the Vice President/General Manager and the centralized accounting office,
- Leading the monthly close processes,
- Taking the lead role in compliance oversight and monitoring, preparation of monthly financial statement and related analytical reports,
- Playing an active role in the budgeting process, and assisting the Vice President/General Manager/Department Managers in identifying operational areas of opportunity in profit generation and expense control.
- Maintain and manage the financial operations of the dealerships
- Maintain, complete and correct accounting records
- Maintain own knowledge and train staff on the dealership and available technology
- Prepare the Budget and analyze and report on results of the Budget to Actual
- Perform timely balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Perform month, quarter, and year end close and report to corporate office on a timely basis
- Work closely with all departments in both accounting and operational capacity
- Assist in both internal and external audits
- Ensure that a strong internal control environment is a consistently maintained
- Monitor dealership expense control
- Submit payroll accurate and timely
- Be a liaison between dealerships and the consolidated accounting office
In addition to a competitive wage, benefit and employee programs for a full-time employee at Kuni include:
- Paid Time Off available as of your 90th day
- Holiday, Jury Duty, and Bereavement Pay
- 401K with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance rates
- Discounts on naturopathic care such as chiropractic and massage therapy
- 24 Hour Fitness discount and gym membership subsidy
- Employee discounts on vehicles, parts, and service
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting Required. Master’s Degree and/or CPA designation a plus.
- Strong organizational and excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft office including outlook and excel
- Solid working knowledge of GAAP, State/Federal, and tax accounting regulations
- Dealership experience a plus
- Experience with ADP Vantage, payroll, and CDK a plus
- 5+ year of experience as a Controller in an Automotive Dealership
- Experience with a centralized accounting structure for a large dealership preferred
- Pro-active, self-motivated, and progressive leader
- Ability to multitask while delivering quality and timely product in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment
Kuni was founded on the belief that if you take care of the employees, the employees take care of the customers, and that takes care of the bottom line.